Monday, January 08, 2007

our healthy eating MPs - subsidised menus of course.(from http://devilskitchen.blogspot.com/)

Indeed, the whole thing is rather sickening. However, all this talk
about healthy eating reminded me on something: a couple of weeks ago, I
went for lunch at one of the House of Commons canteens. Would you al
like to know what healthy options were on the menu?

Well, to be
fair, there was a salad option but, not being a fucking rabbit, I
wanted something hot and nourishing. Now, this being the House of
Commons, I was expecting gourmet food, a feast of cordon bleu delicacies; alas, I was sorely disappointed.

The choice of hot meals consisted of
  • battered cod and chips, or

  • pizza and chips.

Now,
that's what I call a "healthy eating" menu, eh? I don't even
particularly like chips; I would have preferred some mashed potato or,
actually, potato in almost any other form but it was not to be.

Once again, it's one law for the feckless, holier-than-thou cunt MPs and another law for us serfs...

No comments: