Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mullet

at the shops today getting the essentials.bread,milk,daily papers,ma meds,some beer etcetc.
at the newsagent while i was paying for my papers,this dude walks in,sporting what can only be hailed as one HELL of a mullet.
reminded me of Ol Billy Ray and his mighty one hit........


But don't bust my balls, my achy breaky balls
I just don't think they'd understand
And if you tell my balls, my achy breaky balls
they might blow up and kill this man.

fair takes me back to my line dancing daze.

5-6-7-8
[Chorus]
Foot kickin' - finger clickin', leather slapping - hand clappin' -
hip bumpin' - music thumpin' - knee hitchin' - heel and toe -
floor scuffin' - leg shufflin' - big grinnin' - body spinnin' -
rompin' stompin' - pumpin' jumpin' - slidin' glidin' - here we go
Chorus]
Tush pushin' - thunder footin' - cowgirl twistin' - no resistin' -
drums bangin' - steel twangin' - two steppin' - end to end
hardwood crawlin' - some four wallin' - rug cuttin' - cowboy struttin' -
burnin' yearnin' - windin' grindin' - lets begin the dance again



happy daze.
Hi Ho Silver Lining.Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a line dancin' fool? The mullet is one of the great achievements of human foolishness. Our brother still sports a modified mullet, and his overly long goat beard gives him the look of a redneck satyr.

Anonymous said...

na not really,just goin with the flow for the post.
do you mean Jeffers?

Anonymous said...

that anonymous was me,i hit return and it posted.
you have a coupla brothers i think and ,if i recall, a sister also.

Anonymous said...

Yea, Jeff actually has what could be called a mullet. He wears it, I think, out of sheer perversity, as he is a free jazz fanatic and poet and the exact opposite of your cliched conception of the mullet owner. Kind of admire him for it. No I don't.