Sunday, August 27, 2006

dats right

We're not a democracy. It's a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the
idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we're a plutocracy: a government
by the wealthy." : Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General

=
"Of
all forms of tyranny the least attractive and the most vulgar is the tyranny of
mere wealth, the tyranny of plutocracy" : John Pierpont Morgan

=
"I
hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations,
which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid
defiance to the laws of our country." : Thomas Jefferson

=
"I see in
the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble
for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been
enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money
power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the
prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the
Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my
country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions
may prove groundless." U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864  - (letter
to Col. William F. Elkins) Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw  -
(Macmillan, 1950, NY)

=
"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I
know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of
the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson." : Franklin D. Roosevelt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very enlightening. Just to goes to show you there's nothing new under the sun, and that cynicism is the last refuge of the sane.

Anonymous said...

pessimisim and cynicism are realism,i think.